Here are a few before & after pictures of some built-in bookcases we just completed for a homeowner in Alexandria, Virginia.
Specifications of the new built-ins are;
- Casework is cabinet grade 3/4" birch veneer plywood
- All poplar wood facings on upper and lower units
- Cabinet bead trim on all stile & rail wood facings
- Inset square raised panel doors with poplar wood construction & MDF panels
- Hardware is Blum concealed euro style hinges, brushed nickel knobs
- Adjustable shelving all units ... 3/4 birch ply with beaded edgings
- Solid 3/4" birch ply countertop with poplar wood edging milled with ogee detail
- Recessed toe kick, base units 16" deep, upper units 13" deep, approx. 11.5' total length
We had to design this particular built-in around a rather large soffit section that enclosed some venting duct work, and a small window. You can see this on the before pictures. You can see the room was a paneled with the old style paneling that was popular back in the 70's and 80's. This was all removed and 1/2" drywall was hung & finished, new flooring, recessed lighting was also installed.
Another part of this project was the installation of a beadboard wainscot treatment in the entire play room, stairway and laundry room area.
If you live in the Northern Virginia Area, please call or email us anytime if you would like us to come to your home and give you a free, no pressure, no obligation, consultation & proposal, for your next home improvement project. From a new built-in bookcase system such as this, or new mouldings such as crown moulding, chair rail moulding, or some new kitchen & bath cabinets, let us help you design and build the space of your dreams.
Thank You, Roger Beesley, Mitre Contracting, Inc.
Alexandria, Annandale, Ashburn, Berryville, Burke, Catlett, Centreville, Chantilly, Clifton, Culpeper, Dale City, Fairfax, Fairfax Station, Falls Church, Franconia, Fredericksburg, Front Royal, Gainesville, Great Falls, Haymarket, Herndon, Leesburg, Lorton, Manassas, McLean, Middleburg, Mt. Vernon, Nokesville, Oakton, Purcellville, Reston, Springfield, Stafford, Sterling, Vienna, Warrenton, Woodbridge.