This project features close to 27' of custom built-in cabinetry. We fabricated and installed these built-ins for a homeowner in Spotsylvania, VA.
Some of the main features of these built-ins are:
- Fluted stiles with plinths and rosettes
- True square raised panel doors and drawer fronts
- Filing cabinet drawers with 200lb full extension slides
- Drawers with Blummotion tandem+ soft & self closing concealed slides
- Solid 3/4" birch veneer plywood through out with poplar wood facings
- Solid maple dovetailed drawerss, solid maple doors & drawer fronts
click any picture to enlarge in separate window
Before Picture: Installation Picture:
More of the Built-In cabinetry specifications:
The casework of all the cabinetry is a 3/4" thick birch veneer plywood. All the facings (stiles, rails, valances) are solid 3/4" poplar. The adjustable and removable shelves are constructed of a 3/4" birch veneer plywood with a front wood edging that has a routed bead profile. This helps give the shelves some thickness for a better appearance and also really helps with the load bearing and prevents them from sagging. The built-in counter tops are made from the same 3/4" thick birch plywood, and they have a 1 1/2" wood front edging that has an ogee routed profile.
All the doors and the drawer fronts of this project were true raised panel with all maple construction. The doors had concealed self closing "Blum" brand hinges. They are fully adjustable for fine tuning the reveals.
All the stiles of this built-in cabinetry project were a 3 1/4" fluted design that included rosettes and plinth blocks.
Thank You, Roger Beesley Mitre Contracting, Inc.